Yahoo appears to be experiencing technical difficulties across its network of sites, with outages occurring on the Yahoo homepage, Yahoo Weather, Yahoo Mail and Flickr.
According to Twitter complaints, the outage seems to have started around 1:25pm ET, with touch-and-go service since.
It’s not clear how many users are affected, or whether or not the service interruption is affecting certain geographic regions.
Update: A Yahoo spokesperson has responded with the following statement:
Some sites are currently unavailable. We are aware and working to quickly resolve the issue.
In December, just a few short months ago, Yahoo experienced a series of outages across Yahoo Mail, Yahoo, and Flickr that left many loyal users in a foul mood. The company apologized, and continues to work on improving its products, but outages are worse to consumers than no improvements at all.
Hopefully for Mayer and friends, this outage is a short one.
Update: 4:11pm ET Yahoo seems to be back up for most folks.
- It's The End Of The News As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)
- Yahoo Does Some Spring Cleaning: Shuts Down Avatars, App Search, Sports IQ, Clues, Updates API And Its BlackBerry App
- Flickr's iOS App Is Still Playing Catch-Up – Here's What It Needs
- Yahoo Rolls Out A More Personalized And Interactive Front Page
- CEO Marissa Mayer Says Yahoo-Microsoft Search Deal Is Underperforming