Facebook plans to launch more standalone apps, and today on its Q1 earnings call, Mark Zuckerberg laid out a blueprint for picking which ones to throw the company’s weight behind. First, its Creative Labs initiative will build apps with specific purposes. If they resonate with users, Facebook will push to grow them to 100 million users. If that works, only then will it try to earn money off them. Read More
- Facebook Beefs Up With Acqhire Of Storylane Because It’s Time To Fight Tumblr
- Facebook Adds More Verbs To Open Graph Actions, You Can Now ‘Do’ More Stuff Through Partner Apps
- Facebook Barely Poked Snapchat, Active Usage Data Shows
- Facebook Redesign Kills Ticker, Almost
- Posse Raises $500K More For A Local Discovery App That Lets Users Build “Playlists” Of Favorite Shops, Now Live In The U.S.